For 15 years, our Education2020 online programs helped 1 million students reach their goals. Their success fueled ours, and we now proudly re-introduce ourselves with enhanced technology and the largest suite of online curriculum that supports every student’s success. Where learning clicks. See how we do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are you changing your name?
A number of factors influenced our decision to change our name from Education2020 to Edgenuity. In the past year, we have undergone a huge transformation, greatly expanding our course catalog to include Common Core, Electives, AP®, World Languages and Career and Technical Education. We have also added teaching and coaching services to support districts’ virtual programs. And we’ve
re-envisioned our instructional model to be more interactive and respond to the growing body of research about effective online education. We’re an entirely different company than the one founded in 1998, and we wanted to celebrate that. So our new identity is more than just a name change—it signals a commitment to developing learning solutions that benefit all types of students and enhance teachers’ impact, transforming education and helping all students reach their academic potential.
Was Education2020 purchased by another company?
In July of 2011, Education2020 was purchased by Weld North Holdings LLC, an investment company founded by former Kaplan, Inc. CEO Jonathan Grayer in partnership with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. This acquisition significantly strengthened Edgenuity’s position in the marketplace, giving us the resources to help more students fulfill their academic potential.
Will your new identity affect your products?
Our new identity will not affect our products, how they’re used or how they’re supported. Because our identity change is part of a larger initiative to expand and strengthen our online and blended learning solutions, exciting and powerful upgrades and improvements will occur, and you will be informed as they become available.
Will I be working with different individuals because of your new identity?
Your sales representative and support team will not change, though their contact information will be updated to include our new identity. Your sales representative and professional development consultants will make their new contact information available to you.
How will your new identity affect students?
Our new identity will not immediately affect students. But because our identity change is part of a larger initiative to expand and strengthen our online and blended learning solutions, students, teachers, and administrators can expect to benefit from more course offerings, robust and interactive content, and advanced tracking and reporting tools. You will be informed as these improvements become available.
Edgenuity Quick Facts
*As of February 6, 2013
- Founded: 1998 as Education2020
- Headquarters: We are a national online education solution with headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Areas of expertise: We can customize our solution to support online and blended learning models for a variety of course curriculums including Core Curriculum, AP®, Electives, Career and Technical Education (CTE) and Credit Recovery. In addition, we provide instructional services and extensive Professional Development support.
- Edgenuity’s Reach: Edgenuity is an online education solution being used to power online and blended learning solutions in schools and districts across the country. Today Edgenuity has a presence in nine of the top fifteen school districts.
- Number of courses offered: Over 185 semester-long courses
- Number of assessments delivered in the last year: 75 million
- Number of students to date who have achieved academic success with the help of Edgenuity: More than 1 million
- Key executives:
- CEO —Sari Factor
- Vice President, Core Curriculum and Credit Recovery Solutions—Deborah Rayow
- Vice President, Career Education—Pete Findley
- Vice President, Online Services—Kinsey Rawe
- Vice President, Marketing—Amy Protexter
- Vice President, Product Development—Daniel Abramson
- Chief Technology Officer—Tony Clancy
- Executive Vice President, Business Development—Michael Humphrey
- Vice President, Sales—Andy Caulo
- Vice President, Finance and Administration—David Alderslade
- Standards-based: Edgenuity courses are designed to meet state, Common Core, and iNacol standards.
- Key accolades: Accolades have ranged from specific course curriculum to overall recognition of our technology platform, including:
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Finalist in the “Best Virtual School Solution for Students”
- 2012 “Reader’s Choice” award for being a favored educational technology service of eSchool News readers
- 2011 “Cool Tools” by EdTech Digest
- 2011 Award of Excellence by Tech & Learning
- 2011 Bessie Award for Best Educational Software
- Alliance for Excellent Education
- Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Company URLs: